Union Sportsmen Alliance
We are proud to offer all Local 881 members a free USA membership!
If you like to fish, hunt, spend time outdoors or be part of the USA’s efforts to preserve our cherished outdoor heritage for the next generation, join the Union Sportsmen’s Alliance. The USA was launched in 2007 to provide Union sportswomen and sportsmen with their own outdoor organization that combines their Union values with their love for hunting, fishing, shooting and conservation. Today, the USA is more than 32,000 members strong and proudly represents Union members from all different trades and backgrounds from across the country. USA members share a commitment to preserve our outdoor heritage for future generations. The USA connects its members through sporting clays shoots, conservation dinners, its Brotherhood Outdoors video series on YouTube, conservation projects, and more. Plus, USA members enjoy benefits like a free subscription to the HuntStand Pro app and the chance to apply for hunting or fishing trips. The USA’s Work Boots on the Ground program brings together Union volunteers to complete conservation projects and community outreach events in local communities using funds raised at USA conservation dinners. Recently, funds from the USA’s annual Illinois State and Southern Illinois conservation dinners combined with Union volunteers have helped:
- Repair an observation tower and boardwalk at Heron County Park in Danville, Illinois;
- Construct a wetland at Pyramid State Park in Pinckneyville, Illinois;
- Build an archery range and handicap-accessible shooting shelter at the Rend Lake Archery Center in Whittington, Illinois;
- Repair flood damage at the Torstenson Youth Conservation Education Center in Pecatonica, Illinois; and
- USA volunteers have helped over 15,000 kids and their families – including those with physical limitations – experience the outdoors through events like the Chicago Family Outdoors Day.